Creamy Basil & Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine

By The Petite Plantation - November 23, 2021


I posted a photo of this meal on instagram and ya'll demanded the recipe like it was your birthright! It's a good thing! I haven't been writing on this blog for quite sometime but I feel a pull to create and you've inspired me to get back at it, again. For that I am thankful, so here is the recipe!

I usually throw it all in a pan and just wing it. But for the sake of your taste buds, I've tried taking note of the quantities and ingredients used to write it all out. If it feels right to change the quantities, go for it.

This is my comfort food. Homemade sourdough fettuccine with a creamy basil sauce, leftover protein and topped with sun-dried tomatoes. It's easy, using pantry items we always have on hand anytime of the year. It's filling, and damn delicious! It fills you up and is so flavourful you forget your troubles.

Ingredients

1.5 cups leftover cooked and shredded chicken, rabbit or duck
2 cups milk
4 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
Sun-dried tomatoes to top

Method

On medium-high heat, warm your leftover chicken, rabbit, or duck in a cast iron pan. Add milk, cream cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper until all melted and creamy. Pour over warm Fettuccine and top with sun-dried tomatoes. Alternatively, you can simmer the sun-dried tomatoes in the sauce just before serving although my children don't appreciate it hah!


See what else is in our recipe box!


If you enjoyed this recipe, or this post, please consider sharing with your friends on social media where ever you like to hang. Because, sharing really is caring! Sharing this post also supports my rambles and allows me to continue doing just that!

Thank you for taking the time to stop in on our humble blog and we hope you come back soon! If you want to see what we are up to lately, find us on our Facebook page or on Instagram!

always,



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments