Darling Crochet Dish Cloth Pattern

By The Petite Plantation - November 07, 2018

Easy Darling Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
I get bored with crochet sometimes. I know so hard core hookers out there are screaming at these words but let me explain.

See, I learned the basic stitches. The single crochet and the double crochet. I was so bored all my life with crochet. I looked at a pattern to learn a new stitch and was like, no way! And I probably never tried again, until now.

I hate following patterns, but I hate following the rules, too. I mean, I am writing this blog post from inside my tiny home on wheels in a shopping centre parking lot on free wifi. I'm a rule breaker.



I longed for something new, something pretty and frankly, one dishcloth wasn't enough so I started hooking and came up with this darling pattern and am totally swooning over it! After posting it on social media here and here, fellow hookers want the pattern too. I have never really written a pattern before but here goes!

For yarn I use Yarnspiration Bernat Medium 100% cotton in Off White. You could use any yarn you’d like but because this is a dishcloth, I love using cotton because synthetics just aren’t absorbent for wiping up messes.


Should you use cotton yarn for dishcloths?


Yes, yes you should. And, here's why. Cotton is a natural renewable source grown in the United States. I love that I don’t have to worry about little synthetic fibres being washed down my drain and ending up in our oceans.

And because it is biodegradable, when my dishcloths are just too worn out to use use anymore, they can be composted or used in the garden as mulch around a bush or tree. Or even placed in a hugelkultur bed! Oh the possibilities! Go with cotton and do no harm!
I also used a 5.5mm hook because I'm a minimalist and that’s the only hook I have and it works great!

Gauge really isn’t important but if you’re a tight stitcher, you may want to add multiples of two onto this dishcloth pattern.



Abbreviations:


CH | chain

SC | Single Crochet

DC | Double crochet


Easy Darling Stitch Crochet Dish Cloth Pattern:


Chain 26 (or any length as long as it is divisible by 2)

Row 1: SC in the 2nd CH from the hook. DC in the same CH. *Skip one CH. SC + DC in the next CH* , repeat from * to* across. Turn your work.

Row 2: SC in the 2nd stitch from the hook. DC in the same CH. *Skip one stitch. SC + DC in the next stitch* , repeat from * to* across. Turn your work.

Row 3 and on: Repeat Row 2. I usually keep going until my Darling Dishcloth looks like a square, then tie it off and weave in the ends. But you could totally keep going and make a scarf!
Easy and Adorable Darling Dishcloth for beginners!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments