Cranberry Orange Bread & Muffins

By The Petite Plantation - January 05, 2017


Lately, I have been honing in on the very best versions of all sorts of recipes. One day, I would like to create my very own cook book. I think there is something, maybe romantic, about a family book of recipes to pass down generation after generation. {I'm a sucker for tradition!} 

I think I've created the very best version of Cranberry Orange Bread. It has the right amount of orange, the right amount of tangy cranberries and a perfect texture!

These are so good, I have even thrown it into muffin cups for a delicious grab and go snack. In fact, everyone in our house prefer this over Chocolate Chip Banana Bread AND Zucchini Bread. That's sayin' something! I mean, my lil monkey would bathe in bananas if I let him!

Follow us on Instagram to see more of our recipes!
UPDATE | So this Cranberry Orange Muffin/Bread recipe has kind of gone viral on Pinterest! Not bad, eh? We just LOVE them but there have been a few complaints which can be avoided when you follow the recipe, strictly!

We love making the recipe when the cranberries are abundant at the market, usually around thanksgiving. But we also enjoy these the days leading up to the Winter Solstice to celebrate the returning of the light as these bright sunny oranges represent the light and sun!

I really hope you enjoy these muffins, or bread, as much as our family does!

Cranberry Orange Bread

Makes 1 loaf / Preparation 10 minutes / Cook Time 50 minutes

Ingredients:


2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp of grated orange zest {1 large orange}
2/3 cup of orange juice
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup cranberries {fresh or frozen}

Method:


Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and orange zest

Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients to combine orange juice, eggs, and oil before mixing all ingredients together until just combined. Fold in cranberries. 

Pour into a sprayed 9"x 5" loaf pan or 12 silicone muffin pan. Bake 50 minutes for bread or 40 minutes for muffins or until cooked thoroughly and a toothpick can be inserted in the middle and comes out clean.  Let cool in loaf pan for 15 minutes.


If you enjoyed this recipe, or this post, please consider sharing with your friends on social media where ever you like to hang. Because, sharing really is caring! Sharing this post also supports my rambles and allows me to continue doing just that!

Thank you for taking the time to stop in on our humble blog and we hope you come back soon! If you want to see what we are up to lately, find us on our Facebook page or on Instagram!

always,

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments